Friday 4 February 2011

Nisha Haq Photography > Kiss With a Fist shoot

It's been a while since I posted a fashion/conceptual shoot. I've been doing quite a lot of shoots recently, just haven't gotten round to posting it yet or editing it even! There's soo many photos to sift through!

Thought I'd get the older shoots posted out of the way. :) In Nov 2010 I did a projection studio shoot with Jessica Croker and Charlie Conway. I had the idea of projecting light with typography on some Powerpoint point slides. The concept derived from an editorial in Vogue Paris, May 2009 issue called 'Game Girl' featuring my favourite model Daria Werbowy photographed by the incredible duo Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin. She plays a sexy kick ass fighter and throws ninja-esque moves on guys. I love the passion in her actions and the way Inez and Vindooh captures it. The idea of 'sexing' up violence is quite interesting especially as the roles are reversed.

Here's my mood board and research page for this shoot:

I developed this fashion fighting idea whilst listening to Kiss with a Fist (see video here) by Florence and the Machine. I really liked the lyrics:

You hit me once
I hit you back
You gave a kick
I gave a slap
You smashed a plate over my head
Then I set fire to our bed

A kick to the teeth is good for some
A kiss with a fist is better then none

I projected some of these lyrics on Jessica and Charlie in my college studio and created something like this: I added brushes of paint splatter in Photoshop.


More coming soon. Check out my Facebook and Flickr :D

M.A.S.H

No comments: